Sunday, February 12, 2012

French Style Office

 


Come in!  I didn't think it would take me this long to get this room organised but I kind of got sidetracked on other projects so just finished this today.  Yay! I don't have a before photo as this is a new room created by carving off a section of the Living Room with a new partition wall and double doors.   It's a small space - but it's all mine!




 This is where I sit, dream and write my blog and 'come round' drinking my morning coffee! (Bit of a cappucino addict!)  The desk is nicely positioned in front of the window so I can look out onto the garden.   (Some serious weeding to do there!).   Hubby gave me the lovely desk last year for my birthday, he got it an antique shop in England, (they deliver to Ireland quite regularly) and he spotted the chair a few weeks ago in a sale and brought it home to me.  (He knew how much I wanted to sort out my office, wasn't that sweet!).  The little wooden box is a compass.




I already had the metal lamp, I love the way you can adjust it and it's old world feel.



 I've never had my own office  before - I love it!  My own little sanctuary! Bliss! Although, I do get alot of visitors!  I had to borrow a chair for the dining room as even though it's the smallest room in the house, thie boys follow me in there to chat and show me stuff on ebay/youtube etc, so we all end up in here squished together!  so I needed some more seating for my guests!   

I also needed a bookcase.  Ideally I would love built ins along the whole wall with glazed upper doors and solid doors on the bottom because I have loads of books in other cupboards, it would be nice to have them all in the one place, but that's not happening at the moment so I just used what we already had.  This is our old glazed cupboard, it used to belong to hubby's grandparents so it has sentimental value.  It was looking a little tired. . .



so I freshened it up with a lick of paint and changed the handles. . .  much brighter . . .



As this is my space and it's coming up to Valentines Day, I thought I'd have some girlie fun with the bookcase!  Before I had this room for all my stuff (I won't tell you what the boys jokingly call it!) my bits and pieces were kind of strewn all over the house but now they have their own home!  At last. . .




I had fun arranging everything, (I love all my books, they're like old friends) and then all that was needed were some flowers.  Mmmmm but where to put them . . .  maybe this little metal table . . .


yeah, that's cute . . .



or how about on the windowsill . . . 







Perfect!  Now after all my painting and rearranging I think it's time for that coffee . . .




2 comments:

French Grey said...

I love it!! You did a wonderful job on your cupboard, and having the before and after together is the way to go, for sure! The lamp is the perfect industrial touch. I think your husband needs to give mine a few lessons in gift giving! The room is gorgeous... you should be proud! Totally with you on the coffee addiction....what is it about that beverage?
Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Cindy

LA VIE EN ROSE said...

Hi Cindy, Thank you for he lovely comment! My husband is good with the prezzies alright, but then I do drop a few hints (alot!!). We got a coffee machine with vouchers we got from our wedding, hubby wanted it and I thought it would end up in a cupboard but we actually use it everyday, now my cappucino is part of my morning routine! love it!
Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day too!
Sharon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...